Friday, March 30, 2012

World War I & Water Balloons

I have learned a lot about World War I in the past few weeks. World War I changed so many things about the cultural and political landscape of America. Women finally gained a permanent place in the workforce of America, and the right to vote. African-Americans forged a great northern migration, which was a large factor contributing to the Harlem renaissance. The War Effort stimulated the federal government, and brought about the eighteenth amendment, prohibition. The eighteenth amendment then led to a spike in organized crime, especially bootlegging. The impact of World War I stimulated Americans to shun the rest of the world throughout the 1920's, and focus on inward expansion.

The Water-Balloon/Trench Warfare activity was a perfect cap on the unit. It was a fun way to summarize all that we had learned. I believe that there a very few ways in which the activity could be improved. The only way to improve the activity would be to ensure that everyone brings water balloons.
Thanks Mr. Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment